This indicates that the machine has stopped running and has encountered a problem.
The causes for this message:
- A Jammed Medication Cup – Dented/Deformed/Crushed Cup Was Loaded
- A Jammed Medication Cup – Cup Lid Fell Off
- A Jammed Medication Cup – Cup Loaded Incorrectly – Lid facing up
- A Jammed Medication Cup – Cup or Lid Doubled Up or “Nested”
Fixing this problem
- Turn off the MD-2 by moving the small black switch in the rear of the unit to the “OFF” position.
- The LCD screen goes blank.
- Examine the cup delivery ramp.
- Gently try to rotate the cup transport mechanism and view the jammed cup.
- If a jammed cup is visible carefully remove it using a flat blade screw driver or a butter knife.
- Do not reuse a crushed cup.
- After removing the damaged cup manually rotate the cylinder mechanism.
- Remove all medication cups in the device. If this is not possible, reexamine the medication transport chute/mechanism, gently shake the device to check for loose pills and remove them.
- When the cylinders turn freely and the medication cups have been removed turn “ON” the device
- Reprogram then reload the MD-2.
This message appears when the dispenser’s missed dose storage bin is full. (client has missed 4 doses).
- All MD-2 dispenser operations will stop until the storage bin is emptied.
- To empty the bin refer to the Status Button instructions above.
- If the missed dose bin sat full overnight or longer the dispenser will have to be reloaded.
- Manually remove any medication cups in the machine and perform the Load function
Low Battery and Battery Power Status
In the event of a power failure, the “Status OK” message becomes “Batt Pwr” indicating that the device has power and is functioning. How long the device will operate in a power failure varies upon the condition of the batteries and the amount of work the machine does but is typically 24 hours.
- Batteries become depleted the “Status OK” message becomes “Low Batt” indicating that the device has only AC power and no back up DC power supply.
- The batteries should then be replaced with 8 “C” cell alkaline batteries.
- The battery cassette is located to the right of the keypad.
- Remove the battery wire/plug from the cassette.
- Depress the white tab at the bottom front of the cassette and remove.
- Make sure the replacement batteries have the correct orientation in the cassette
- Replace cassette in the device.
- Reconnect the battery wire/plug to the cassette.
- The LCD Message should return to “System OK” within a couple of minutes.
Daylight Savings Time Change
- Unlock MD-2
- Press SET UP key
- Push right arrow key once so that the word TIME is flashing
- Push the OK key
- Push the right arrow key twice so that the hour position is flashing
- To “spring ahead” push the up arrow key once.
- Note that the hour has advanced.
- Press the OK key to accept the change and close this screen
- Use the right arrow key to cause the word QUIT to flash